Nikhil Kuruganti: IPL T20

IPL T20

An Amazing cricketing season has come to an end. Powerfully struck Shots (read as Slaps) and Poorly directed Team anthems have come to an end. The tournament was won by Rajasthan Royals, who were commented as one of the worst teams before the season. The favorites Chennai Superkings ended as runner ups causing slight disappointment.

Winners And Losers

The end of the season means time for reconsideration about their business acumen to both Sharukh Khan and Vijay Mallya. They both learnt a hard way that the Publicity is not a substitute for the Performance. One has to consider the Return On Investment (ROI) before pouring in Millions.Bhajji also has also things common with the above two. The fate of this doosra king lies in balance due to his conduct on the feild.

The fate of the small town kid Yusuf Pathan took a new turn as his place in the upcoming series is confirmed. Kunal Dasgupta(S-Max Channel) is a happy man as he made fortune during these 59 days. 10 sec ad space costed about a million rupees during the end of the season.

Ethics And Morals

The issue of moral values in India was again on headlines because of the skin show by the cheerleaders. Alyque Padamsee and feminist leaders debated on television channels about the Ethics. The right wings of the country took advantage of the situation and successfully dominated the Prime time of news channels. With the deluge of criticism and threats from the right wings, the organizers were forced to control the skin show.

IPL Ki Side Effects

IPL also meant a low season for bollywood, all the movies relesed during the season ended up as flops. T20 also delayed the release of Southern Star Kamal Hassan's Dasavataram, which is getting delayed from past 1.5 years due to some reason or the other.

One thing i would like to add is the way IPL changed the way the Indian "Galli Cricket". Other day when i was passing by a lane, i have seen two 6-7 year old kids dancing on the 9 year old "batsman" hitting a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Nikhil Kuruganti Urang-kurai